A selection of case studies is as follows:
- Development of a Management Information Strategy for an electrical manufacturing and contracting organisation. This led to the management of the selection and implementation process of an appropriate integrated solution covering CAD, production control and financial facilities.
- Established and chaired production improvement teams to monitor and improve processes and operations within a computer repair company.
- Project management of the implementation of a major software package into a Group of companies within the electronics industry based in the UK.
- Implementation of an ERP software package at two “greenfield” sites for two separate companies within the electrical industry sector, one based in the UK, the other based in the US.
- Selection and subsequent implementation of an ERP package into two divisions of a supplier to the automotive industry. This was followed, in one division, by chairing the steering group through system and operational developments, such as automated data capture and e-commerce initiatives.
- Project management of a team responsible for the data migration from a legacy system to the SAP system within an international pharmaceutical company.
- Project management, on behalf of a household named company, of the acquisition of a new development machine to revolutionise the in-line packaging process. This involved close liaison and co-ordination across several sites and suppliers within Europe.
- Review of the order fulfilment process in a subsidiary of a large group within the direct selling industry. This was followed by a mentoring role supporting the general manager to achieve the identified improvements.
- Project management of the final stages of the supply of containers for the launch of a key product within the oil supply industry. This entailed co-ordination and project control between several client sites across Europe and their key bottle and tool suppliers.
- Selection of an ERP solution to a manufacturer of luxury power cruisers operating from several sites. The selection process lead to a successful project management role for the system's implementation within a demanding timetable.
- Development of an Access database application to analyse the usage of products within a direst selling organisation.
- Stock reduction exercise for a manufacturer of precision components to the aerospace and automotive industries. This entailed a detailed review of operational processes and the IT system data and parameters.
- Business review of a supplier of chairs to the educational and recreational markets. The chairs are supplied by the company's parent company in Australia and the company required effective planning and ordering processes to ensure optimum stock turns.
- Review of the supply chain operations and supporting systems at a rug importer and distribution company. The company supplies rugs to the catalogue industry and is liable for any redundant stock held at the end of a catalogue season.
- Programme manager for a company manufacturing and supplying shower enclosures. This role covered management of the introduction of Microsoft Dynamics CRM package and the selection of a new ERP solution.
- Developed several websites for a range of clients that provide the facility for the client to update its content through the use of a content management system.